PHILANDO CASTILE DEMANDS:
1. NO ADMINISTRATIVE PAY AND THE CONVICTION OF JERONIMO YANEZ.
2. FALCON HEIGHTS TERMINATES THE SAINT ANTHONY POLICE CONTRACT.
3. A PERMANENT MEMORIAL IN HIS HONOR.
4. BCA TO RELEASE DASHCAM FOOTAGE.
AR14 For Justice (AR14) stands for Awareness and Resistance 14; a youth led, adult supported, education based and action pushed movement re-awaking the cause for justice, peace, awareness and unity.
1. OFFICERS RECEIVE NO ADMINISTRATIVE PAY DURING AN ONGOING INVESTIGATIONS AND THEIR NAME/POLICING HISTORY SHOULD BE MADE PUBLIC.
2. REQUIRE FRONT FACE CAMERAS ON POLICE DEPARTMENTS WITH RECORDS OF RACIAL DISPARITY IN STOPS, ARRESTS, KILLINGS AND EXCESSIVE FORCE COMPLAINTS.
3. DEMILITARIZE POLICE - TEARGAS AND TANKS DON'T BELONG IN OUR COMMUNITY. AMERICA SHOULD NOT BE GOING TO WAR WITH ITS CITIZENS.
4. NO GRAND JURY USED FOR CASES INVOLVING POLICE BRUTALITY.
5. ALL MURDERS BY THE POLICE MUST BE INVESTIGATED IMMEDIATELY BY TRUSTED AND UNBIAS THIRD PARTY AND THE INVESTIGATION MUST BE MADE PUBLIC INFORMATION.
AR14 For Justice had planned 14 days of awareness and resistance at People's Park in Saint Paul. Below is the schedule we originally created but were unable to complete due to the Saint Paul Police Department destroying our classroom and taking our curriculum. In our AR14 curriculum we had two class sessions daily, one taught by a volunteer (found on our participation page) and the other taught by a youth member. We also devoted each day to learn about a different revolutionary (one in history and one in the Rondo community) that has not been rightfully acknowledged in history. We also had varying daily trauma and healing activities (volunteer led) to come together as a community to heal from different wounds we have suffered from. Along with our class time and healing activities we also offered a know your rights station to educate young activists about their rights and how to be safe during direct actions. We also offered a resource station with information about homeless shelters, food shelfs, legal representation, mental/health, drug/AA abuse, LGBT safe spaces and much more. We would have ended each night with an educational movie.
AR14 is a social Justice group created by 14 local POC youth. We formed to protest the murder of Philando Castile, for those who have suffered from police brutality and to end systematic oppression. We have come together to make sure our voices are heard and taken seriously as youth. We have organized hard to build within the inter-generational gaps that formed through systematic design to oppress. Our three main focuses are action, education and healing. We have taken the initiative to set up classroom space to teach and learn about things that are eliminated from standard education. We are also focused on educating new and continuing activists about black revolutionaries who have paved the way for us, our rights and how to exercise them and so much more! We also plan and execute direct action consistently as this is a major factor to keep the conversation going and to keep the community aware of the ongoing problems that need to be resolved. We also know how important it is to heal the trauma of these impactful issues. We set up various healing circles that consist of different activities, as well as giving resources to our in need activists; finding shelter, food and anything else they may need.